Sunday 5 January 2014

An unwelcome visitor... our first Huntsman spider

Just before dinner this evening, I spotted one of our cats looking inquisitively above the door. I followed his gaze to this awesome chap. A most unwelcome visitor in our home, I must say! Our Aussie friends on Facebook identified it as a “mostly harmless” Huntsman spider.

“They have been known to inflict defensive bites, but are not widely regarded as dangerous to healthy humans.”

Nevertheless, I cannot say that removing it was much fun, as I certainly did not want to be on the receiving end of a defensive bite! Sadly, our attempted catch-and-release operation went a bit wrong a Mr Huntsman is no more. Time to get a spider catcher I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! (Unless you're a spammer, in which case please stop - I am only going to delete it. You are just wasting your time and mine.)